Monday, August 10, 2009

Mondays...BLEH!

I'm sure everyone could say that because I am staying at home right now that Mondays shouldn't be a big deal... but I feel them too.

Brad goes back to work, and we are recovering from our long weekend. GAWD I hope that we have a lazy weekend sometime here soon! I want to go swimming!!!

The house is a MESS from running around like crazy people, and trying to get places "on time"... I don't think I have been on time since Kennedy was born... oops!

We are getting the hang of things as days go by.

Breastfeeding is going well, feeding every 2 hours during the day, and 3-4 (or one 5 hour stretch) at night. It kinda depends on Kennedy.

She is only getting 2 bottles of breastmilk a day (down from the 6 or so it was) and we are having very few latch problems! (I actually BFed her at the head table at Mareena's wedding! WHOOT!)
I have quit listending to the DRs and the LCs, and decided to look to my own instincts and Kennedy's ques as to how much food to give her. The LC told me to feed her every 1-2 day/2-3night and give her 1-2 oz in a bottle afterwards....um....no. Too much food!

Every time I go to an appointment someone had something to say about her weight (gaining too slowly, or too quickly) but she has gained 1 lb in a month, or 4oz a week. That is on the low end of normal. I will give this a try and see how much she gaines in this last week... then re-evaluate if it's working for US or not.
The Thrush is going away (thank you GOD!). It's intensive treatment... kinda like when you get head lice.... wash, clean, treat. We both get meds 4X a day....boil, vinegar....arrrrrh! Lots to do.

Now a few pictures, just for fun!

No comments: