Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Emergency Room...

We left the hospital around 2:30 on Friday the 10th and headed home. Brad drove sooo slow... he said that he was nervous driving with Kennedy in the back seat! LOL!!



We got home and started getting our things out of the car. Kennedy and I sat down to breastfeed after my mom arrived with some preemie sized clothes for her... she was SWIMMING in the newborns! While we were feeding she got fussy and I went to burp her and she projectile vomited (like she had done in the hospital earlier that day after giving her formula) and it came out her nose and everything!



After that... she stoped breathing... and turned purple and blue. SCARED THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME~! I didn't know what to do... I just froze. My mom ran over and took her and started patting her back, Brad then took her and got the bulb-booger thingy and forced it into her mouth to get her to breathe.



She was locked up and rigid, OMG, remembering it still makes me cry. We called 911 and they waited on the line while we got her breathing again. We told them that we didn't need them to come and she looked fine. The three of us aged 20 years, but she looked OK.



About ten minutes later, she did it again! That's it! We got into the car and headed 3 exits down to the pediatrician's office.



We walked in and everything seemed to take FOREVER. They got us into a room and the pedi came in. Weighed her 4lbs 13oz (loosing more weight) and took her blood sugar (47) (that was painful for her and me... the nurse was SQEEZING her little foot to get a drop of blood and nothing was coming out, dehydrated).



I was trying to breastfeed her, get some fluids into her and the pedi and nurse kept saying "no" because that's what started this whole thing... that wasn't what started it... it was giving her the DAMN FORMULA!



They then decided that she needed an IV (OMG... a ped's nurse trying to start and IV on a dehydrated baby, that weighs less than 5lbs... not good... should have known!) The pedi called 911 and 4 firefighters and 4 EMTs and a trainee busted into the room after I demanded my baby to breastfeed.



That was semi-comical... all these men, who see people AT THEIR WORST... blushed at the sight of a woman BFing! LOL!!



We then spent the next HOUR trying to start the IV.... she cried so loud and so long. I thought that her cries were literally going to kill me... I cried along with her. After NUMEROUS pokes and failures the head EMT said that she wouldn't transfer her to Kaiser in Riverside (from Murietta) because of her condition and the inability to get an IV in.



So instead we took an ambulance ride... literally across the street to the ER. We got there and found that staff to be GREAT! They allowed us to breastfeed and give her pedialite to get her hydrated before trying to get an IV going. The nurse (male, nice) did a GREAT job on her IV, after having it for 3 days, she didn't even have a bruse! They took an X-ray of her lungs and thought they saw something so they gave her antibiotics and got another ambulance to take her to Riverside.



Brad went with her, I couldn't get into the back with my incision. That was hurting like HELL during this entire thing! Turns out it was nerve pain from the start of the incision, but YIKES! That was tough.



Mom and I went home to get some things, hoping that the hospital would let me stay with her. We quickly left and headed to Riverside. We got there around midnight and Brad was talking with a Ped's DR.

No comments: