Sunday, July 19, 2009

C-Section

We arrived around 6am for the 8 am section, got checked in and ready. Got an IV, and prepped... then another lady came in SCREAMING and it looked like they would bump me.

Nope.

In I went, alone. Brad couldn't come till I was ready. The anaesthesiologist asked me to straddle the table... yeah right! I asked him if he knew what he was asking a pregnant lady to do and he said that they ask them all to do it, and I said you haven;t been punched yet? He said that they wouldn't punch them... they have the drugs. They were GREAT and funny. They said that they keep it cold in there to keep their beer cold! LOL!!

I got the spinal and everything went numb... odd feeling. The draped me and in came Dr Stanley and Dr. Connely. There was some nurses and scrub techs there too,

They gave me O2 and called for Brad... but nobody got him! I had to ask again where it my DH?!?! Then the nurse went and got him. They had already started surgery when he got there.

The morphine made me really itchy!


I didn't feel anything more than people touching my belly, no pain and no pressure... another ODD!

Dr. Stanley reminded everyone not to tell me what the baby was, because I wanted to know AFTER she was out, because she was but first, not while she was inside.
The scary thing is when you hear your surgeon call "scalpel"....AHH!! Then you expect to feel pain and you don't! WIERD!

At one point I looked at the drape and there was blood and yuck shining threw ....ewww.. I could see my reflection of that was happening when they were operating...sometimes I looked... most of the time I just looked at Brad.

Dr. Stanley took her out... said there was a song... in the 70's... buy some lady i don't know.... I am woman.

OMG!!! it's a GIRL!!!


I couldn't believe it! A daughter!!! She looked just like me and was soooo teeny! 5lbs 4oz 8:58 am.

They took her to the warmer to get her measured and weighed, they told Brad that he had to step back... odd... he is her father!

Later he got back for some more pictures, I made him, because I couldn't see anything with her over there!

They then took her to the NICU for tests and food, she ate like a horse! The nurses there were questioning Brad about why she was soo tiny....

They began stitching me up, talking away, like I wasn't there... the anesthesiologist was the one who talked to me the most, he was very nice.

After stitching me up they took me to recovery, same room they prepped me in.

I kept asking Brad where she was, when could I ahve her?!?!

they keep saying after they transferred me to the Family Care Center (FCC) and that they were going to move me soon... well that took FOREVER. I told brad to GO GET MY BABY!!

Finally they moved me, as they were moving someone else into that room, crowded!

Once we got the the FCC I got to hold her, almost 3 hours later! TORTURE!

No comments: