Monday, July 27, 2009

Another LC appointment

We had another Lactation Consultant appointment today... all the way in Riverside UGH!

I'm tired and can't imagine breastfeeding any longer... Kennedy doesn't want to feed at the breast, and the Suplimental Nursing System they gave me... well... I can't make it WORK!

I can't imagine how much more of this I can take.

Kennedy isn't doing well either, she isn't gaining any weight, again. I HAVE to get her to eat more, and if the SNS doesn't work, she needs bottles.

All I do is feed (where she cries and so do I) then pump, and as soon as I'm done (sometimes before I'm done) she is ready for more.

I feel like a failure (I know that's not how I should feel, but I DO!) I'm doing everything I can for her, and it isn't enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phillipians 4:8 "...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."

What you are trying to do is what is right. God will not give you anything you can't handle... and if it is too much to handle, he will give you people to help you. When this phase is over you will be in awe of how you got through it but everyone will be in awe of you for being so strong.

I love you so much and you are Kennedy's mom for a reason. She and you are in a relationship that nobody can ever break. She will give you strength as you give her strength.

Be at peace and know that God is watching over your family and he knows this will make you stronger.