Sunday, September 27, 2009

Help for a friend.

Someone who supported me, now needs our help. Jewelyn.

She went into labor with her first daughter after struggling through a miscarriage, and needed an emergency C-section.

She developed an amniotic fluid embolism and disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC). She lost all brain activity and her husband (Phil) will be removing her from life support later today(from what I understand).

Her daughter (Gabrielle) is doing OK (again, what I heard) and is at the UCLA medical center.

We have set up a PayPal account through another friend (Irma) to get Phil and Gabrielle some extra money so he can take time off to stay with the baby and grieve.

The email address is 4jewelyn@gmail.com if you go to http://www.paypal.com/ and click Send Money.

Any amount is appreciated as well as your prayers and good thoughts!

Edit; Jwelyn passed away at 11:30 (more than likely after this post was made) he husband updated us this morning.

Here is a link to Amy's blog with her maternity photo. http://elmwoodcourt.blogspot.com/2009/09/for-gabby.html

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh. I am so heartbroken reading this. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I can not even imagine what her family and friends are going through right now. Please know you are all in my prayers.