Friday, June 19, 2009

External Verson

Today we tried to manually turn the baby from the outside and it didn't work.

It was extremely painful and required an IV and maternal/fetal monitoring. There were two OBs who tried to "lift" the baby out of the pelvis and then turn the little one to a head down position.

The procedure is only 60% effective and even then, 7% of babies turn back around. People keep telling me that "I have time, the baby can still turn" but I highly doubt it.

This kid has been in the EXACT same position since 32 weeks (I am 36 weeks and some days now), the version didn't work, and my baby is EXACTLY the way I was when I was born.

I am thinking that there is something to the way mine and my mom's pelvis sits that causes the baby to "sit" instead of going head down.

So once the OB gets the schedule, he will contact me and we will pick a day for the C/S. He said that we will check the position of the baby BEFORE we do the C/S to make sure that the baby hasn't turned head down.

I have an ultrasound in 4 days, then another one in 6 days, so we shall see if the baby is as stubborn as it's mamma!

1 comment:

katt3233 said...

I'm sorry it was so painful and it didn't work :( I hope the little one turns around soon. Good luck with the upcoming ultrasounds. (((hugs)))