Monday, June 22, 2009

Breathing room needed!

I KNOW that you all love me, and my baby... but I can't take EVERYONE feeling that this baby and it's birth is THEIR experience.

I know that this is "your grandchild/niece/nephew" but this is MY BABY.

I love you too, I want to you meet my baby and hold my baby and LOVE my baby too!!

But I need everyone to take a step back, respect my wishes, and be understanding, and patient with me.

I have to deliver via C-section, that means that I won't get to see my baby for a couple hours after this little one is born... and if I can't see the baby, YOU can't see the baby.

The hospital has rules, I have to follow them, you have to follow them, that's it. I can't change them.

What Brad and I really want is for everyone to wait till we are out of the hospital and at home to come and see us and the baby.... that's a TALL ORDER! I know! I am trying to ask anyone to wait to see the BEST THING in the world, a new baby! I KNOW! But seriously... it's not about YOU, it's about US as a family.

(Grandmas... don't worry, we won't make you wait till we come home. But nobody gets to see my baby before I do)

1 comment:

katt3233 said...

Very well said. You and Brad should be first to see, hold, love, cuddle, and kiss your little one! Awwwww I can't wait!